The Commonwealth Human Ecology Council (CHEC) is looking for trustees to join our Governing Board. We are a Commonwealth civil society organisation and UK Registered Charity that promotes, disseminates and applies the principles of Human Ecology in the Commonwealth and beyond.
CHEC has been a catalyst in promoting sustainability, particularly in terms of human settlements, fisheries, afforestation and strengthening community action, especially for the advancement of women and youth through the many projects we have completed.
CHEC is highly active in advocating and promoting the role of civil society and participatory decision making in good governance and sustainable development. Trustee Board meetings are held six times a year and we are seeking new trustees to join our Board who:
- are excited by the vision and the ambition of CHEC and can contribute to a strategic, cohesive and effective Board.
- can advance through relevant projects lasting improvements for local communities across the Commonwealth.
- recognise and understand CHEC’s UK and international role to encourage an understanding of different beliefs and cultures and promote harmony between humans and nature .
If you can bring interest and experience in any of the following, please be in touch:
- public health and social well-being
- human ecology
- finance, including fund raising
- food security
- charity administration
- project planning and policy advocacy
- clean water on land and in our oceans
- encouraging youth involvement
- climate change
- sustainable development
To apply online please send an email to email@example.com with a brief letter of application and CV
For an informal confidential discussion call CHEC’s Chairman, Mark Robinson 07836 696134